Traveling to Montserrat with Pets
To bring a dog or cat to Montserrat:
- You must apply for an Import Certificate before entering Montserrat with your pet.
- Your pet must be vaccinated for rabies and other diseases between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry.
- A licensed veterinarian in the country of origin must complete an International Health Certificate issued within 72 hours prior to entry.
- Your pet must have lived in the country of origin for a period of at least three months immediately prior to entering Montserrat.
- A copy of the Rabies Certificate should also be included.
The certificate must certify that the animal is free from contagious diseases. In addition, you must get approval of the importation by notifying the Veterinary Officer of Montserrat and port of entry at least 48 hours prior to arrival time. Animals may be subject to house quarantine.
For further details, contact:
The Department of Agriculture
Address: The Department of Agriculture, P.O. Box 272, MSR 1110, Brades, Montserrat
Tel: 1 (664) 491-2070/2546,
All domestic dogs and cats must be free of evidence of disease communicable to humans when examined at the port of entry to Montserrat. If your dog or cat is not in apparent good health, further examination by a licensed veterinarian may be required at your expense.
Birds, invertebrates, tropical fish, reptiles, amphibia, mammals such as rodents and rabbits are not subject to requirements of rabies vaccination, but may have to meet other requirements and should have a health certificate to enter Montserrat. Pet owners are strongly advised to seek further information from the relevant authority of their country and/or that of the country of destination.
More Useful Information About Montserrat
For more useful information about Montserrat, please click HERE.