Department: Ministry of Health and Social Services
Salary: The annual remuneration package for the post of Staff/District Nurse is negotiable.
Allowances: Uniform – EC$900.00 pa
Deadline Date: Tuesday, 30 June 2020
About The Job
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Staff/District Nurse (Secondary Healthcare) within the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS).
Responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of Public Health Nursing Services/activities to individuals, families and the community, utilizing the Health care approach in accordance with the accepted regional and local standards.
Responsibilities will include:
- Utilize the Nursing Process to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the care of the individuals, families and the community as a whole.
- Serve as the lead person in managing high risk clients to include pregnant women, at risk infants, children and adolescents among others
- Coordinate wellness activities that promote health and maintenance
- Organise and conduct continuing education for nurses, students and other key stakeholders
- Participating in research activities and utilise findings to improve nursing services, policies and protocols.
- Conduct Ante & Postnatal, child health clinics along with rapid inspection and School Health Programs. Monitor childhood obesity
- Develop and implement education programs for the patients and public.
- Conduct regular women’s clinics and screen for pap smears to prevent cervical cancer.
- Assists in disaster preparedness and response in accordance with health disaster plan
- Directly supervise junior staff
The applicants must be:
- Be a Registered General Nurse and Registered Midwife
- Have a minimum of three (3) years working experience post training, preferably in the Caribbean.
- Valid registration with Nursing Council in country of practice
- Have experience in motivation and team building skills
- Have basic Computer Word-processing skills
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Certificate or training in Management will be an asset
- Knowledge and skills in preparing and presenting reports
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a permanent or contractual basis.
The annual remuneration package for the post of Staff/District Nurse is negotiable
- Unifowm – $900 per annum
How To Apply
Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit. Their contact details are:
Address: Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat
Telephone: 1 (664) 491-2365/2444
Fax: 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail, and addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, 30th June, 2020.
NB: All nursing qualifications should be natoraized. Additionally, all applicants who were trained outside of the Caribbean region should send transcripts for their training.
Click to view the Full List of jobs.