Department: Ministry of Health and Social Services
Salary: The annual remuneration package for the post of Registered Nurse is negotiable.
Allowances: Uniform – EC$900.00 pa
Deadline Date: Wednesday, 1 July 2020
About The Job
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Registered Nurse (Secondary Healthcare) within the Ministry of Health and Social Services (MoHSS).
Responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of Nursing Services/activities to individuals, families and outpatient clients, utilizing the Health care approach.
Responsibilities will include:
- Utilise the Nursing Process to deliver quality care to patients/clients, families and the community as a whole.
- Deputise for the Ward Sister/Charge Nurse in managing the ward/unit and supervising junior staff.
- Ensuring that nursing standards/ protocols are maintained.
- Assist in the maintenance of quality assurance programmes for both Hospital and Community Nursing Services.
- Identify patients discharge needs and make appropriate referrals.
- Conduct and participate in in-service education and training of health Staff.
- Serve as an active member of the professional nursing association- The Montserrat Nurses Association.
The applicants must be:
- Be a Registered General Nurse
- Have a minimum of three (3) years working experience post training, preferably in the Caribbean.
- Have good supervisory skills
- Valid registration with Nursing Council in country of practice
- Have experience in motivation and team building skills
- Have basic Computer Word-processing skills
- Have good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and skills in preparing and presenting reports
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a permanent or contractual basis.
The annual remuneration package for the post of Registered Nurse is negotiable
- Unifowm – $900 per annum
How To Apply
Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit. Their contact details are:
Address: Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat
Telephone: 1 (664) 491-2365/2444
Fax: 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail, and addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, 1st July, 2020.
NB: All nursing qualifications should be natoraized. Additionally, all applicants who were trained outside of the Caribbean region should send transcripts for their training.
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.