Last update: 6th February 2020
Introduction and General Term: Thank you for visiting 664Connect’s website. We want to make sure you feel reassured about what happens when you browse our website or give us any of your information.
- 664Connect is registered as a company in Montserrat.
All information will be held and used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). If you want to read more about the “Act”, you can do so HERE.
- What information will 664Connect collect about me?
When you visit our website (on a mobile device, tablet or desktop), you may provide us with information personal to you, such as your name, your address, your email address, your mobile phone number and your date of birth (your “Information”). You may provide additional “Information” if you wish.
You may provide us with “Information” in a number of ways:
- By subscribing to receive email, SMS or Push communications from us.
- By ordering one of our products or via a third party’s website like Facebook or E-bay. When you place an order online we may collect information such as what items you’ve browsed, your favourite orders and if you’ve applied any filters.
- By inputting your credit or debit card details or PayPal account – but only in order to complete a transaction.
- By corresponding with our Customer Service team by email, live chat, in writing, on social media or telephone, in which case we may retain: the content of your emails, letters or conversations together with your title, name, email address, the social media username that you’re using, telephone number and our responses.
You may provide us with additional “Information” if you wish.
We also collect information about your device, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, the geographical location of your device, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregated and it does not identify you as an individual. We do this to help improve your experience on our website.
- What is 664Connect’s cookies policy?
What are cookies?
What information is collected and how do we use it?
Two different types of cookie are used on our website. Strictly Necessary Cookies and Performance Cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential for you to use our website. They will only be stored for the duration of your visit. Without them, you may not be able to move around certain parts our “Site” or use some of its features. We use these cookies to:
Allow your device to be recognised so that any page changes, items or data selections are remembered on your visit; and detect software on your device which enables certain content on our website.
Performance Cookies are not essential, but they provide us with useful anonymous information about how our customers use our website. Without them, it would be difficult for us to understand how our website is performing and we may miss out on the opportunity to make improvements that could make your user experience better. We use these cookies to:
- Obtain statistics about how our “Site” is used (including which pages are visited most often and how users came to visit our “Site”);
- Evaluate our “Site” performance; and
- Help us make sure that the content and features on our “Site” are relevant for your future visits.
The cookies on our “Site” only collect anonymised information and these cookies cannot be used to identify you as an individual.
How to reject, delete or accept cookies
If you use our “Site”, it means you agree with our collecting cookies. You can set your web browser to allow, switch off or delete cookies on ours and other websites. In a few cases, switching off or deleting cookies might reduce the functionality of or stop you accessing certain websites (including our website).
We use a number of social media tools and external applications to enhance your interaction with our website. For example, we sometimes embed videos from YouTube and other social networks on our website. As a result, you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We do not control these cookies and we suggest you check these third party websites for more information about the cookies they use.
- How will 664Connect use my “Information”?
We will take good care of any “Information” that you give us and we will use it in the following ways:
- To contact you with information about 664Connect’ products, services, news and special offers, if you’ve given your consent when you registered with us or signed up to our newsletter.
- To make sure you get the best experience from our website – depending on what computer or device you are using.
- To notify you about changes to any of our services.
- Do you share my “Information” with anyone else?
We treat your “Information” with the care and respect that we would our own. It is stored safely and securely. There are occasions when we might have to transfer “Information” to third parties. These include:
We may also share such details with auditors or legal professionals to obtain professional advice. If we do this, your statutory data protection rights will be preserved.
You should be aware that if the police, a regulatory, or a government authority requests to be provided with “Information” in an investigation of suspected illegal activities, then we are entitled do so.
Occasionally, we will ask to share your “Information” with third parties for marketing purposes. We will only do this when we have your explicit consent to do so (for example, when you enter a competition on our “Site” we’ll ask you to tick a box to consent). If you don’t give your consent, it would not prejudice your chances in any competitions.
- What security measures are in place to protect my “Information”?
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. We have strict security procedures and features to prevent unauthorised access once we have received your “Information”. We will continue to maintain and improve these security measures in line with legal and technological developments.
- How and where will 664Connect store my “Information”?
- Links, advertisers, third party sponsors & ad-servers
- How can I find out what “Information” 664Connect holds about me?
The “Act” gives you the right to access “Information” that is held about you. You can exercise your right to access this in accordance with the “Act”. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing copies of any relevant materials. We are entitled to charge a fee for this service. You can request access to your “Information” that we hold about you by:
- Contacting us by telephone on 1 (664) 493 1664 (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Emailing us at email@example.com
- Messaging us on Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp (on 1 (664) 493 1664). If you’re sending us your number or anything else personal to you then please only do this via a direct message.
- How long will 664Connect keep my information for?
We will not keep your “Information” for longer than is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or than is required by law.