Organisation: Her Majesty’s Prison
Salary: $21,720 – $28,596
Grade: R48 – R38
Deadline Date: Friday November 27, 2020
About The Job
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons who have been resident on Montserrat for at least one (1) year to fill the post of Prison Cook at Her Majesty’s Prison. Successful candidates will be expected to work on a Shift Rota system including weekends and bank holidays.
To ensure that all Health and Food Safety Standards and regulations are adhered to in planning and preparing meals. To receive food supplies and to perform food preparation and service activities; to maintain standards of the facility, security, safety and sanitation; and to perform related work as required.
- Plan, prepare and serve all meals for/to all Prisoners; strictly adhering to recipes, menu and any dietary requirements for all meals inclusive of breakfast, lunch & supper in accordance with specifications or instructions issued by the Superintendent of Prison;
- Prepare all meals in a timely manner;
- Manage food items issued to ensure no wastage or spoilage;
- Prepare adequate amount of food based on the population of prisoners;
- Prepare weekly demand voucher to ensure food stock in kitchen is adequate;
- Bring to the attention of the Supervisor issues associated with duties as they arise;
- Receive all food items on the menu from the Store’s Officer;
- Ensure timely production and safe handling of food in accordance with Basic Food Handling Skills;
- Maintain food stock by updating all Demand Vouchers, Food Requisitions, Log Books and any other records;
- Participate in all pre-preparation activities for Meals;
- Follow and maintain that consistency and accuracy in portion size according to specification;
- Co-ordinates kitchen activities with the Executive Officer to meet daily production demands;
- Ensures proper sanitation practices to include cleaning of surfaces, cupboards, utensils, refrigerator, stove and floor;
- Ensure that Kitchen resources are used economically; maintain the Kitchen equipment and report any damages;
- Supervise Prisoners assigned to the Kitchen;
- Assist in orientation of New/Substitute Cooks;
- Avoid any unnecessary communication with Prisoners according to the Prison’s rules;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in relation to the sensitivity of the position;
- Prepare and serve prisoner’s meals taking into account their rights and dignity;
- Should have received a Certificate of completion of Secondary School Education OR gained three (3) or more subject passes at O’ Level CXC or GCE in Food & Nutrition, English & Mathematics;
- Should have a Certificate in Food Preparation & Presentation Techniques; Food handling would be an asset;
- Must have three (3) years’ experience in planning and preparation of meals;
- Should not have any criminal convictions in this jurisdiction or elsewhere.
- Must be able to work within the parameters of a Prison Institution or Correctional facility;
- Must demonstrate the ability to interact and communicate effectively; be a team player; be pleasant, follow instructions, flexible and alert.
- Should have the ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity and discipline.
Basic Salary is in the scale R48-R38, that is EC$21,720 – EC$28,596 per annum (Taxable).
Appointment will be made on a permanent basis, with a probationary period of two (2) years.
How To Apply
For detailed information on the post of Prison Cook please visit our website at www.jobs.gov.ms.
To apply send your completed application form along with certified copies of your qualifications, the names of at least two referees and your Curriculum Vitae supported by a covering letter to the Human Resource Management Unit to email@example.com.
Application forms can be obtained from our website at www.jobs.gov.ms or by contacting the Human Resource Management Unit, Office of the Deputy Governor, Brades, Montserrat by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (+664) 491 2365/2444 or by fax (+664) 491 6234.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday November 27, 2020.
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.