Department: Ministry of Communications Works, Energy & Labour
Salary: EC$70,092 (fixed)
Allowances: Telephone Allowance – EC$720.00 (Taxable); Travelling Allowance – EC$9,600.00; Professional Allowance – EC$27,000.00 per year
Deadline Date: Tuesday June 30, 2020
About The Job
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Public Works Department Architect within the Ministry of Communications Works, Energy & Labour.
To work within the Architectural team to assist the Government Architect in the Provision of Architectural services, for works of building construction, rehabilitation and maintenance, as specified by Client Ministries and the Government of Montserrat.
- Assist the Government Architect with the delivery of projects that require input from the Section.
- Interview clients to determine Schedules of Accommodation (SOA), determine outline brief, prepare preliminary sketch, and final designs according to SOA, site and available budget.
- Prepare tender documents including, working drawings and specifications for building projects.
- Communicate with the relevant internal and external consultants on Projects.
- Prepare and administer construction contracts.
- Using the relevant documentation, monitor and supervise the construction of development and maintenance projects.
- Prepare work schedules for building maintenance and other Minor projects.
- Produce drawings, specifications and scope of works for Minor Projects.
- Advise PWD and Client Ministries on design and costing for Architectural projects.
- Maintain records of design and construction projects.
Applicant should have:
- Minimum of Bachelors of Art in Architecture
- Must possess at least two years architectural/design post graduate experience and at least three years senior to mid-management experience in the field OR
- A minimum of five years combined experience in the fields outlined above.
- Demonstrable Architectural technical skills.
- Be proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture Suite. (proficiency in Sketch up as well as other design software will be considered an asset)
- Basic knowledge of Structural Engineering and Quantity Surveying.
- Knowledge of construction methods and practice.
- Good understanding and application of pertinent codes regulations and design manuals.
- The ability to communicate with skilled and/or non technical persons.
- Self motivated and the ability to work unsupervised, to coordinate the work of, and supervise teams of different skills/trade.
- Be a good team player.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis.
Salary is fixed at R10 that is fixed at EC$70,092 per annum (Taxable).
- Travel Allowance EC$9,600 per annum (non-taxable)
- Telephone allowance EC$720.00 per annum (taxable)
- Professional Allowance EC$37,800.00 per annum (non-taxable)
- Housing Allowance EC$2,000.00 per annum (Overseas applicants)
How To Apply
Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit. Their contact details are:
Address: Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat
Telephone: 1 (664) 491-2365/2444
Fax: 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail, and addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Tuesday 30 June, 2020.
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.