Department: Office of The Premier, Montserrat
Salary: $250,000 – $250,000
Grade: R0 – R0
Deadline Date: Friday, November 27, 2020
About the Job
The Government of Montserrat (GoM) is seeking to recruit a Business Development & Investment Officer (BDIO), within the Office of the Premier. The post of BDIO is a new important position with responsibility for coordinating the development of Enterprise Montserrat (EM) which is conceptualised to be an arms’ length organisation to be created in the future with a wide remit to promote private sector development based on tourism, assist and finance local businesses and attract inward and foreign investment.
The Business Development & Investment Officer will be responsible for leading the efforts in facilitating economic and business development to secure growth and to increase local employment and development opportunities. The position holder will be the primary point of contact in the Government of Montserrat for private sector and potential investors and will promote new business opportunities and provide support to existing businesses to help with retention and expansion efforts and long term economic sustainability for Montserrat. The officer will report directly to the PS, Office of the Premier.
Qualifications & Experience
They should have:
- Strong interpersonal and strategic thinking skills. The post holder will deal with a wide range of on and off-island stakeholders, including local businesses and associations, senior government officials, and prospective international investors.
- An in depth understanding of the interface between Government policy, organisational culture and stakeholder dynamics is essential for the effective execution of duties.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in developing the local private sector and attracting FDI as well as the knowledge of the tourist attractions of the surrounding areas would be highly desirable assets.
- The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form is mandatory.
- Be capable of exercising good judgement, discretion and initiative while utilizing tact and courtesy in frequent contact with business and industrial representatives, government officials and the general public.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the qualifications, skills and experience summarised below:
- A Postgraduate qualification in Economics, Business, International Economics, Economic Development or related areas;
- Experience in Private Sector Development;
- A proven track record in preparing grants funding submissions;
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills;
- Innovative and results focused;
- Good interpersonal, team working and networking skills; and
- A track record of values driven, ethical work practices and habits.
- A broad range of industry contacts in key markets such as the US, UK and the Caribbean;
- Experience in managing relationships with international donors; and
- A sound understanding of the socio-cultural realities of Montserrat and sub-region.
Terms & Conditions of Engagement
Appointments will be made on a contractual basis for a period of two (2) years.
The total remuneration package for this position is EC$250,000.00 which includes basic salary and allowances.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Detailed Terms of Reference for the Business Development and Investment Officer can be obtained from the following link at https://www.gov.ms/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/TOR-Business-Development-and-Investment-Officer-FINAL-Sept-24.pdf
How to Apply
Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit. Their contact details are:
Address: Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat
Telephone: 1 (664) 491-2365/2444
Fax: 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail, and addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday 27 February, 2020.
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.