Department: Ministry of Communications Works, Energy & Labour
Salary: EC$58,896 to $65,232
Grade: R17 – 13
Allowances: Telephone Allowance – EC$720.00 per year (Taxable); Travelling Allowance – EC$9,600.00 per year
Deadline Date: Friday June 26, 2020
About The Job
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Architect within the Ministry of Communications Works, Energy & Labour.
To provide architectural services, (drawings and specifications) for building construction, rehabilitation and maintenance works as specified by the Client.
Prepare construction drawings and specifications for building projects, and communicate with related consultants including architects, engineers, mechanical, electrical and plumbing interests, Gov. Quantity Surveyors and other planners on the preparation of Bills of Quantities, Tender Documents and other work to be done.
Prepare and administer contracts for construction, monitor and supervise construction sites and issue Architect’s Instructions to Contractors to convey modifications or additional work as required.
Prepare schedules of work for maintenance of buildings and other minor projects, produce the drawings and specifications, scope of work, as requested by clients.
Assist in the production of construction drawings for development projects and to organize regular on site meetings for the relevant parties. (E.g. Client Ministries, architects, contractors.)
Advise PWD and Client Ministries on design and costing for buildings and engineering projects and to maintain records of the design and construction projects.
Interview clients to determine Schedules of Accommodation (SOA), determine outline brief, prepare preliminary sketch, and final designs according to SOA, site and available budget.
Supervise contractors regularly on work site to ensure work is done to specification and give instructions/advice for modifications/adjustments, if necessary.
Applicant should have:-
- A Bachelor’s Degree, diploma and/or Advanced Certificate in Architecture;
- Demonstrable Architectural technical skills.
- Be proficient in the use of Auto-CAD. (proficiency in Sketch up as well as other design software will be considered an asset)
- Basic knowledge of Structural Engineering and Quantity Surveying.
- Knowledge of construction methods and practice.
- At least two (2) years architectural experience.
- The ability to communicate with skilled and/or non-technical persons.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised, to coordinate the work of, and supervise teams of different skills/trade.
- Be a good team player.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis.
Basic Salary is at R17 – 13, that is EC$58,896 to $652,232 per annum (taxable).
- Travel Allowance $9,600 per annum (non-Taxable)
- Telephone allowance $720.00 per annum (taxable)
How To Apply
Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit. Their contact details are:
Address: Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat
Telephone: 1 (664) 491-2365/2444
Fax: 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail, and addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday 26 June, 2020.
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.