Organisation: St. Augustine Catholic Primary School
Salary: The salary is commensurate with relevant qualification and experience
Deadline Date: Friday June 26, 2020
About The Job
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Grade Teacher at St. Augustine Catholic Primary School, Montserrat.
To teach pupils the OECS curricula as required by the School to ensure that every child learns.
- Plan, prepare and deliver the required schemes of work, lesson plans, instructional activities and assessment exercises;
- integrate values, competencies, goals and clear objectives into lesson plans;
- develop incentives to keep pupils engaged in learning;
- tutor pupils on an individual basis as needed;
- regularly assess learning and provide useful constructive prompt feedback to pupils;
- prepare and distribute reports to parents/guardians and provide feedback to school management on the strengths and weaknesses of each pupil;
- grade papers and maintain school documents such as mark books and registers as required;
- manage pupils’ behaviour by invoking approved discipline procedures;
- provide guidance and advice to pupils on socio-educational matters and to be an effective role model by portraying positive behaviours at all times;
- Take appropriate steps to ensure that school supplies e.g. equipment, are kept in useable condition;
- read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
The successful applicant must:
- have preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education or Language Arts from a recognized institution;
- have a trained teacher certificate from a recognized institution;
- have at least 2 years teaching experience at upper primary school level;
- be computer literate to include digital literacy;
- be skilled in teaching pupils with diverse abilities;
- have strong pedagogical skills appropriate for teaching the curriculum;
- Have a creative, patient and kind personality;
- Have a caring, nurturing, supportive demeanour and record;
- Have a clean Police Record;
- Have the ability to form positive relationships with pupils, staff, parents and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrate personal qualities of understanding others to include: compassion, integrity, respect, fairness, trustworthiness, empathy, maturity, conscientiousness, diligence and initiative;
- Have the ability to motivate pupils to perform to the best of their ability;
- Ability to work effectively with a diversity of individuals and groups.
Terms of Appointment
The successful applicant will be engaged on a three year performance-based or on a permanent basis. They are required to assume duties no later than Monday, 17th August 2020.
Salary commensurate with relevant qualification and experience.
How To Apply
To apply send your application letter, curriculum vitae along with certified copies of your qualification, a recent police certificate/record and a cover letter with the names of at least two referees, via to:
Postal Address: P.O. Box 192, Palm Loop Montserrat, West Indies
Deadline for Applications: Friday 26th June 2020.
For further information, you may contact Mrs. Claudia Skerritt on 1 (664) 491 4768 or 1 (664) 491 4768 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.