Department: Ministry of Communications Works, Energy & Labour
Salary: EC$41,760 to $50,976 per annum (Taxable)
Grade: R28 – 22
Deadline Date: Friday June 26, 2020
About The Job
The Government of Montserrat is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons for the post of Electrician within the Ministry of Communications Works, Energy & Labour.
To assist with inspection and ensure the maintenance of all electrical installations in all Government owned and rented buildings and to assist with the preparation of estimates for all materials needed to perform the work required.
- Assist with the inspection of all electrical installations in buildings owned and rented by Government.
- Assist with the repairs of all electrical faults.
- Carry out minor and assist with all major installations as required.
- Prepare orders of materials needed to carry out installations and submit to the Government Architect.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of standby generators.
- Supervise trainee staff in the absence of the Senior Electrician.
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering
- At least three (3) subjects at CXC/GCE to include Maths and Physics.
- A good understanding of standard methods, tools and devices used in the electrical trade.
- Computer technology
- Training in the designs/layouts of electrical plans.
- Good oral and written communication
- Customer care/satisfaction.
- The ability to communicate with skilled and/or non-technical persons.
Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised, to coordinate the work of, and supervise teams of different skills/trade.
- Be a good team player.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be made on a contractual basis.
Basic Salary is at R28 -22, that is EC$41,760 to $50,976 per annum (taxable).
How To Apply
Application forms can also be obtained from the Human Resources Management Unit. Their contact details are:
Address: Human Resources Management Unit, Brades, and Montserrat
Telephone: 1 (664) 491-2365/2444
Fax: 1 (664) 491-6234.
Applicants must provide all of the following information:
- A completed Application Form with a covering letter
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae with full particulars of experience, and
- Original certificates of qualifications or official notarized copies
- A clear statement detailing why in the applicant’s view he/she considers him/herself well qualified for the position
- Two letters of reference with full contact details of the referees
Completed application forms must be returned to the Human Resources Management Unit either by email, or by fax or by ordinary mail, and addressed to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in a selection process that involves attending one or more interviews and/or assessment centres. These interviews are designed to assess the skills, competencies and attitudes of the applicant and may be conducted via SKYPE or in person. The Interviews and/or Assessment Centres allow the Selection Panel to draw on more evidence about the applicants than can be derived from the written application.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 4:00 p.m. Friday 26 June, 2020.
More Job Vacancies
Click to view the Full List of jobs.